When acting as a representative of Sensual Solutions, the Sensual Coach shall adhere to the following ethical standards:
- The designated Sensual Solutions representative shall apply only non-therapeutic services that are comfortable to the client.
- The Sensual Solutions representative is responsible for fostering effective communication with the supervising therapist and the client, if the client wishes.
- The Sensual Solutions representative’s primary responsibility is to the non-therapeutic situation of which s/he, the client, and the supervising therapist(s) are integral parts. Within this situation, the chief focus and primary ethical responsibility is for the client’s welfare.
- The objectives and parameters of the non-therapeutic relationship shall be discussed with the client by the supervising therapist, if the client so wishes, and the Sensual Solutions representative so that the client may make informed decisions.
- The Sensual Solutions representative’s relationship with the client is temporary; always within the context of the non-therapeutic situation and in association with the supervision of the therapist, if the client wishes.
- The Sensual Solutions representative shall recognize the boundaries and limitations of her/his competence. She will not attempt to use methods outside the range of her training and experience. If she/he thinks that the client will benefit from such methods, she/he will communicate this to the supervising therapist, if the client wishes such communication.
- If a Sensual Solutions representative has a professional degree, certificate, license, or accreditation, which applies to other than this work, the function of “surrogate partner” shall be primary while she/he is working as a representative. However, if there is agreement between the representative and the supervising therapist that other methods and techniques, within her/his competence, are appropriate for the welfare of the client, the Sensual Solutions representative may use these additional skills.
- If a supervising therapist is not available and a situation arises which would normally require consultation with the therapist, the Sensual Solutions representative is responsible for taking appropriate action for the welfare of the client.
- The Sensual Solutions representative’s responsibility for the welfare of the client continues until it is terminated by the client.
- The identity of a client, and all information received from or about him in the therapeutic situation shall not be communicated outside the therapeutic triangle without the client’s expressed permission, except under the following conditions. Information about the client may be disclosed outside the therapeutic triad only:
- When there is a clear and imminent danger to individuals or society, and then only to appropriate professional colleagues or public authorities;
- For the purpose of professional consultation with appropriate professional colleagues, if the identities of individuals are disguised to protect confidentiality;
- For presentation of information to professional or lay groups, if the identities of individuals are disguised to protect confidentiality.
- Sensual Solutions representatives shall be responsible for adequate precautionary measures against infections or diseases. It is the surrogate’s responsibility to determine that the client has taken similar precautions.
- Each representative of Sensual Solutions who imparts information either publicly or privately about her work or the organization shall indicate clearly whether the statements represent official Sensual Solutions policy or are personal opinions.